Back4Sure v3.7.3 (x86/x64) Multilingual + Portable and Manual
Back4Sure 3.7.3 (x86/x64) Multilingual + Portable and Manual | 16.3 Mb
Back4Sure is a straightforward piece of software built specifically for helping you backup your important data, be it documents, pictures, audio, or video files, and make a copy of them into a specified target directory. Although it offers support for many advanced features, such as filters, compression modes, cleaning capabilities, and logging options, it sports a clean and intuitive layout.
A backup operation can be carried out by configuring a job, as you need to offer details about the job name and select multiple folders to be included into the backup set. The tool offers quick access to the directories stored in your computer, so you can easily select the ones that you want to process.
What's more, you can specify the target location (e.g. fixed drive or directory, drive determined by label), target subdirectories, and filter the information using exclusion lists.
You are allowed to select the filters, namely documents (e.g. DOC, XLS, PPT), hidden files, audio items (e.g. MP3, OGG, FLAC), pictures (e.g. JPG, TIFF, BMP), system and temporary files, videos (e.g. AVI, MKV, MP4), as well as add your own custom filter to the list.
When it comes to compression operations, Back4Sure gives you the possibility to select the archive format (ZIP or 7Z), compression level (e.g. fast, normal, high), and encrypt data by selecting the algorithm (ZipCrypto or AES-256) and setting up passwords.
Another useful function worth being mentioned enables you to remove the files that no longer exist in the source path or all files that do not match the current backup job.
Back4Sure helps you configure backup and cleanup confirmations (show a list of files to be backed up or deleted and upon no confirmation event cancel, skip, or continue the operation), set up actions before or after the backup process is executed, as well as create comprehensive log files.
During our testing we have noticed that Back4Sure carries out a task pretty quickly and without errors. It doesn't eat up a lot of CPU and memory, so the overall performance of the computer is not hampered.
All in all, Back4Sure proves to be a reliable application that provides a powerful suite of tools and offers a decent performance. Thanks to its intuitive layout, it is suitable for rookies and professionals alike. If you want to skip the installation process, there is a portable version of the program.
Easy folder selection:
* You can easily select multiple folders from the directory tree to include them into the backup set. Just as easy you can exclude certain folders from the backup.
Efficient filter system:
* You can easily create filter set to determine which files to include in or to exclude from the backup. And this not only for the whole backup, but also for individual folders.
Compression option with adjustable directory depth:
* Backups may be stored in a compressed format. If you choose to enable compression, you can specify the directory depth from which on all files are packed into a single archive file. This way you can avoid very large archives and improve overall safety of you backup process.
Cleanup the target directory:
* After larger restructuring of your file organization, lots of files in the backup target directory do not have corresponding source files anymore. Using the cleanup function of Back4Sure you can easily remove those orphaned files from the target directory.
Logging of the backup process:
* All actions performed during backup may be logged into a plain text file. You can choose between two different formats of the log file: either an easy to read version or version in ini format optimized for automated analysis.
Creating desktop links to backup jobs:
* You can easily create a desktop link to a backup job from within the program, from which the backup job can be directly started by just double clicking it.
Portable use or fixed installation:
* Besides the normal setup file for a fixed installation, a zipped version for use from a USB drive is also available.
New in version (November 6, 2016):
* A Romanian and a Dutch translation for Back4Sure was added.
OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 (32/64-bit) and XP
Languages: English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Portuguese Brazilian, Romanian, Russian